Backend Software Engineer
Backend, Engineering in New Delhi
- At BharatPe, we ignite opportunity by setting the world transact. We take on big problems to help merchants, retailers, and large businesses accept payments via UPI with ease.
- Making payments simple is our mission. Our static QR code is the center of our universe with which a merchant can accept payments from any payment app in India-Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay, BHIM, Mobikwik and 90+ Banks’ Apps. Merchant gets the money settled instantly to his bank account.
- We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a brighter future for payments in India. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Backend Engineering team in New Delhi is helping build the next generation of php framework technologies. As part of this work, we ingest, process, store, and serve petabytes of transactional data in real time. We’re looking for a solid backend engineer who has super powers in designing and building great backend architecture and data delivering tools. This is an opportunity to drive exciting new projects that will make our transactional engineering team more productive and ultimately improve the way apps are used at BharatPe.
- Design, build, and enhance a suite of APIs that drive onboarding and transactions at BharatPe App
- Work collaboratively with front-end engineers to drive high performance APIs
- Help define the team’s roadmap and area of focus
- Leverage open source and In-house UI frameworks to build compelling solutions
- Play a key role in development process of prototypes
- Contribute to the future of our In-house and third-party APIs
- Adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving systems
What You’ll Do
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience with php, mySQL, Java and Laravel.
- Passion for back-end development and making developers more efficient
- Expertise in open-source technologies, modern web standards, best practices, and the php ecosystem
- Driven and focused self-starter, great communicator, amazing follow-through
- you have a great work ethic and love the responsibility of being individually empowered
What You’ll Need
- Experienced in using php frameworks and REST APIs
- SQL Query Optimization
Bonus Points If
At BharatPe we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit
of our employees, our products and our community. BharatPe is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
To apply for this position please contact: